The EpiMag HT (96-Well) Magnetic Separator is a magnetic holder (magnetic rack) that allows the precipitation of paramagnetic beads from liquid samples from various 96-well flat-bottomed or U-microplates (we recommend our EpiMag 96-well microplates for compatibility). Engineered from reused Greiner microplates, it ensures a high degree of microplate compatibility while remaining extremely economical to fit any laboratory budget. It can be used for nucleic acid and protein isolation and purification, immunoprecipitation, immunoassays (ELISA), cell sorting, and purification of biomolecules.
This magnetic separation device has the following features and advantages:
- Ultra Powerful NdFeB Magnets – High-quality neodymium, iron, and boron rods allow extremely fast separation times and minimal microsphere loss.
- Efficient Particle Washing: The vertical orientation of the magnetic field attracts and suspends magnetic particles both to the sides and upward from the bottom of the wells. Pipette tips can be inserted into the bottom of the well, ensuring thorough and efficient washing and removal of liquids.
- Maximum sample concentration: samples can be efficiently recovered from 10 µl to 2 ml of liquid.
- Flexible compatibility: suitable for most magnetic beads or particles, including iron oxide magnetic nanoparticles and magnetic agarose beads (eg EpiNext beads, AMPure XP, Axygen, etc.). Compatible with all microtiter plates, including standard 96-well plates (0.25 to 0.3 ml wells) and deep well plates (1 to 2 ml) with U-bottom and bottom well shapes flat.
- Lightweight Portable Design – This allows for easy repeated handling.
The implementation of twenty-four extremely powerful magnetic rods made of iron boron and neodymium allows for quick and easy magnetic separation. Each magnetic bar targets four wells of a 96-well plate simultaneously. With this magnetic separator, the paramagnetic beads will be pulled firmly to the side of the plate wells, ensuring complete removal of the magnetic beads from the solution by a robot or multi-channel pipet, minimizing sample loss.